I am sure that, by this time, most of you already used Viber once or more on their smartphones. As you probably know, Viber is a calling-free application used by people all over the world to connect with their friends and family members only by using the internet connection. It is simple, chat and easy to initiate a call with Viber. The application was designed for mobile use only, and it is available for Android, iOS, Blackberry or Windows Phone.
However, the good news is that now, we are able to download Viber for PC, and still enjoy the same great features. It is important to mention the fact that the desktop version is not officially released by Viber. We need to make use of third-party software in order to install Android apps on a computer. The software, actually the Android emulator called Bluestacks, works as an interface and connects our computer with the respective mobile application.
Here, I want to show you how you can install Viber on PC in only a couple of minutes. As long as you follow the next Step-by-step guide, I am sure that you will do just fine. First I want to start with the process of installing Bluestacks on your computer.
- Download and install Bluestacks for Windows, Vista, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Create an account.
- Link your Bluestacks account with your Google Account. In this way, you will be able to see a list of all your installed apps.
- Click on App Search. Here, just type down Viber and click on Find.
- The emulator will reveal multiple results, but you will need to choose the one that says exactly Viber. Click on the Install button beside it.
- Now, you should receive a dialog box asking you if you access to Google Play ToS. Click on the Accept button and the application will start downloading.
- After the installation procedure has finished, click on Open button in the upper right corner to launch it.
- After a couple of minutes of waiting for the application to load, you need to click on Continue in order to get to the next screen. Here, you will grant permission to access your phone’s address book. Click on OK.
- Now, enter your phone number to get a confirmation SMS and to verify your number.
It is important to use a real phone number, because this is the only way in which you will be verified, and you will be able to use the service to connect with others.
- Click on OK. Again, wait a couple of minutes to receive an activation code that you will have to type down in the box that appears on the screen.
- When you have been verified, you can start adding your personal details such as name and country where you live in. Click on Continue.
This is all. You may now return to the main screen where you can find the address book with all of your contacts. Congratulations. You have now correctly download Viber for PC, and you can start chatting and calling of your friends and family members.